Saturday 24 January 2015

"THE RAMBLER" The Time Henge" - Part One Post Two

I'm a big fan of the double-length panels, especially when I want to get a big scene in with lots of figures and don't think it'll look terribly good if I shrink it all down in order to fit a single frame. They also let me increase the amount of dialogue I can 'squeeze' into a scene; albeit this particular posting seems 'riddled' with the ellipses I no longer use these days.

The prehistoric builders are actually just some recoloured drawings of some Celtish warriors I made in 2005 for a short-lived series entitled "Pax Romany". I just removed their tattoos and re-dyed their hair and moustaches.

The mysterious alien race known as the Beorge are rather piscine in look, though they are not an underwater species. The characters of the Chancellor, the Emperor and one or two other minor ranks have remained the same since I first started making these stories over twenty years ago, despite changing the Earth's 'Rambler' from time to time. The background is a photograph from a brightly lit underground cave, as I like the alien-feel of all those stalagmites and stalactites. Plus they are wonderfully colourful.

Outnumbered the remaining tourists must fight for their survival against the attacking Prehistoric savages. Only then dare they risk a surprising escape route...  

No comments:

Post a Comment