Wednesday 8 February 2017

"THE RAMBLER" "Slaying Of The High King" - Part One Post One

With hindsight the amount of pre-production required for this story was massively disproportionate for a simple four-parter, and ultimately resulted in my designing, drawing and colouring six Viking/Irish costumes; including those of a Viking Hersir, Viking King, the High King of Tara and an Irish maiden... And that doesn't include some chain mail and Viking leathers for the lead protagonists.

These opening frames were designed to set the scene and probably contain far too much information, with numerous names being bandied about, as well as the opening battle deployments. However, despite my disappointment as to how his mother appeared in her simple attire, I thought Sigtrygg Silkenbeard looked truly excellent.

Determined to defeat Brian Boru in battle, a confident Norse King of Dublin sends forth his army, only to discover that perhaps a humble rambler, found closeby in the woods, could put paid to all his plans..."

2 comments:

  1. I'm intrigued already. This is a period of history I know very little about, so I'm settling down to be entertained and educated. :-) Pass the popcorn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I do like to try and find interesting moments in history for my stories, and this battle immediately caught my attention when I was reading up on it.

      Delete