Sunday 19 February 2017

"THE RAMBLER" "Slaying Of The High King" - Part Four Post Three

This concluding segment to "Slaying Of The High King" is a little disjointed, as I wanted the Rambler's placation of Danny to be interrupted by Brodir's arrival at Brian Boru's prayer site. With hindsight though, I think the sequence is a mistake, and it would probably have made more sense to have the story end with the High King's final moments rather than the time-traveller's colourful departure.

What I was pleased with though is the fact that, for once, I was actually able to have the Beorge Agent inform the audience as to what 'historically' happened after the events he participated in. I always enjoy providing this additional closure; albeit the explanation is somewhat rushed in these final panels.

British North Sea Oil operations are under attack from a mysterious assailant, and the Department of SO10 are called in to investigate. But can a were-bear and a lady capable of manipulating fortune really get to the bottom of a plot which has lain on the ocean bed since the Second World War?

All will be revealed in the "Heroes Of Godwinson" adventure "The Mermen's White Death"...

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that for the most part, I did enjoy this story. The history lessons were certainly informative. My biggest criticism was to do with the editing, which you yourself admit could have been better. Even so, thank you for sharing this story and I am definitely looking forward to your next tale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan, I think this was probably a five-parter crammed into four episodes tbh, so I'm pleased you still enjoyed it. I'll be giving the Rambler a little break for a while now, and see what people think of Britain's premier super-hero team "Heroes Of Godwinson"...

      Delete