Sunday 5 February 2017

"THE RAMBLER" "The Yeti Hunters" - Part Four Post One

In many ways this final episode is something of a rush, and Mister Hook's death in the first two panels demonstrates just how 'pushed for space' my script for "The Yeti Hunters" had become. Initially conceived as a simple tale of mountaineering and espionage, I had decided to embed the enemy Time Agent into the plot in order to reinforce the fact that the Rambler doesn't ordinarily just 'jump' to a random time period. But is usually directed to a problem by his (off-screen) Beorge masters.

Having made that point, whether successfully or not, I then found myself needing to get rid of Hook in order to allow me to conclude the adventure as planned. However, having intimated that the character had a history trying to alter the Earth's time-line, I decided at this point to re-visit the white-haired villain and incorporate his shenanigans into the 'screenplays' for this series' final two stories... 

The Rambler discovers a secret Chinese Radio Station. But with Sir Edmund Hillary fast running out of ammunition, and the flesh-eating Yeti increasing in numbers, the time-traveller must think of a solution to their furry predicament soon...

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are rattling these out on a daily basis now, Simon. Please keep them coming as I very much look forward to reading them. The Yeti chomping on Mister Hook's brains sure brought a smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. I'm actually hoping to start work on some new ones, if I find the time. I'm certainly very much in the mood presently.

      Delete