Monday 6 February 2017

"THE RAMBLER" "The Yeti Hunters" - Part Four Post Two

I was a bit disappointed with how the Chinese Radio Station scene turned out, not least because the Rambler's blur line, used to imply the figure is travelling at some speed, sits over the top of his companion Danny, rather than beneath him. In addition, the interior background is actually a genuinely authentic radio station of the period, yet because of the positioning of my 'actors', you can barely see any of its intricate detail.

"Tom Slick: True Life Encounters in Cryptozoology" is a genuine book but was actually written by Loren Coleman and not published until 2002; some forty odd years after this adventure takes place. As a result there's no real way that Sir Edmund Hillary would have known the book was going to be written. However I thought it would be fun to have the adventurer ruminating about how 'history' would record his exploits.

Overrun by Yeti, and facing a gory death, the Rambler's desperate final plan is all that stands between his friends and them being eaten alive. Will it be enough, or is this the last journey of the time-traveller..?

2 comments:

  1. Not to be too critical, Simon, but I thought the blur lines in the first picture showed that all of the characters were running and not just the Rambler. It made sense to me that they'd all want to get inside the radio station as quickly as possible. Mind you, I do agree with you about not seeing enough of the background, If you hadn't mentioned it, I'd never have guessed you used an image of an actual radio station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Bryan. The radio station took a while to source as memory serves too, as I like to put in such details when I can. One of the things I like about posting this strips is highlighting such things too - especially when I completely cover them with my figures [blush].

      Delete