Sunday 19 February 2017

"HEROES OF GODWINSON" "The Mermen's White Death" - Part One Post One

Written and pencilled in July 2007, this opening scene, set aboard a North Sea Oil Rig, follows the basic formula I like to employ for most of my super-hero stories, by immediately making the audience aware that there is a problem which the titular characters are going to have to fix. In this case the British Government are expecting great things from Rig Hope, but the project is clearly encountering difficulties.

This sequence also let me utilise a great photograph of an oil rig to start the adventure off with, and utilise a similarly authentic picture as a background for the interior panels. I was clearly having fun working on this four-parter as I actually had to stop drawing it for a while in order to give me time to finish the script.

With Rig Hope falling behind schedule, Bearman and Lady Luck are parachuted in to ensure nothing more sinister than harsh drilling conditions is the cause...  

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo! The start of a new adventure and it has me hooked straight away. You're off to a good start, Simon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bryan. Hopefully by the end you'll know a bit about drilling too ;-)

      Delete